Kelly has been busy in the kitchen again, this time she tells us how she hsa prepared tuna tartare with chilli, garlic and sesame, a firm favourite.
- 480g/1lb 1oz tuna loin (preferably yellow fin, as fresh as possible)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated, or finely diced
- 1 tbsp clear honey 6 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice only 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 slices ciabatta
- few sprigs fresh coriander, to garnish
- Remove and discard any dark parts from the bloodline of the tuna. Finely dice the remaining tuna and place in a large bowl. Stand the bowl on ice to keep chilled.
- Add the spring onions, chilli and ginger to the tuna and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
- Toast the slices of ciabatta on a griddle pan.
- To serve, press the tuna tartare into a 7cm/3in chef’s ring on each serving plate. Carefully remove the ring, arrange the toast and lime wedges around the tartare.
Author Bio - Laura Holland
Social Media and Web Content Coordinator, Jan 2014 - May 2015