Festivals and organised events are fun filled days out for all ages, but whilst you are sitting back eating ice cream listening to Taylor Swift, think about the team keeping you safe and the huge amount of planning and organisation that goes into such events.
What to think about, and your responsibilities as an Event OrganiserSo you want to organise an event, whether that is a musical event or arts festival you will have to think about and take ownership of certain responsibilities, this will include;
- The overall responsibility for your workers, contractors working at the event and of course the public/your audience.
- All health and safety procedures implemented to ensure total safety throughout the duration of the event/festival.
- How big the event is
- How big the audience will be
- Location of the event/festival
- Duration of the event/festival
The health and safety responsibilities of a Site/Venue OwnerIf you are the owner of a great site/venue that an organiser is coveting for their event/festival there are some things to bear in mind before agreeing.
- The respective responsibilities of both the event organiser and the venue owner.
- Make sure safety information is shared and highlighted.
- Any equipment at the venue is safe and working up to standard.
What are your duties and responsibilities as a Volunteer?One of the best things about an exciting festival or event is that you will get a bucket load of people wanting to volunteer.
Author Bio - Laura Holland
Social Media and Web Content Coordinator, Jan 2014 - May 2015