Many types of flammable substances are used in industry, these include fuel, chemical and oil. The storage of flammable liquids needs to comply with The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002.
Here is an outline of what is required:
- Whilst not in use flammable liquids should be stored in containers within fire-resistant cabinets
- Storage cabinets must be able to retain any spillages
- Where possible stored flammable substances must be kept away from working areas
- Flammable liquids should be storage apart from other dangerous, hazardous substances
- It is recommended that no more than 50 litres of extremely highly flammable liquids and 250 litres of other flammable liquids
- The supports and fastenings of cabinets should be able to withstand 750°C
At ESE Direct we supply a range of flammable liquid storage cabinets, cupboards and vaults to comply with storage regulations for flammable liquids.
Author Bio - Simon
Managing Director, 1999-2015.