A lovely customer, Gill Murden regularly plays her accordion at coffee mornings held at her local church but she was struggling to carry all her heavy equipment from the adjacent car park to the venue with her current sack truck. So, she set her husband onto the challenge of sourcing a more suitable truck.
"Previously my husband purchased me a sack truck with folding wheels which had a short toe plate. I did not get on with it very well and the wheels started to fold in on me, so I requested he find me a sack truck with a longer toe plate, with fixed wheels and preferably an adjustable handle."
So, Gill's husband selected the folding sack truck with telescopic handle and ample sized toe-plate for the accordion to happily sit.
Gill told us, "Your one [sack truck] is ideal for several reasons;
- The wheels are fixed so I am not worried they will start to fold in on themselves and with care they negotiate the uneven carpark OK.
- I am only 1.5 metres tall so I can lower the hadle down to a comfortable height.
- My accordion bag sits perfectly on the long and narrow toe plate and is narrow enough to get through a normal width door.
- The truck is not too heavy and folds in a narrow profile to put in my car.
- The truck is strong enough to take the weight of a full-size accordion, a heavy-duty music stand and light, plus several books of music so I can transport all my gear in one trip, without any weight at all on my body."
We're so pleased to hear that Gill found a solution to her troublesome sack truck and wish her continued stress-free enjoyment with her music-making.
Author Bio - Debs
Content, marketing, social, graphic design and PA to an unusual small red dragon.