Trolleys, trucks and sack trucks, they all look pretty darned similar don’t they? But we are here to tell you the difference and what they can be used for in a quick guide.
TrolleysThere is a whole array of trolleys available covering a multitude of jobs and tasks that they can perform or assist you with, including:
- Post Trolleys – Does what it says on the tin, designed to collect and deliver office mail and documents.
- Tray Trolleys – You will see these mostly in schools and offices usually with the sandwich lady.
- Retail Trolleys – These are nestable and you will usually see these in warehouse retailers like Homebase or Makro or wholesalers.
- Cleaning Trolleys – These hygienic trolleys are used mainly in catering and food environments and can usually be configured with 2 or 3 shelves if needed.
- …plus more
TrucksTrucks like trolleys cover a whole array of uses, and take on many different forms from pallet stackers to wheelbarrows.
- Drum Trucks – Specially designed to make carrying drums as easy and efficient as possible.
- Platform Trucks – These are great for small to medium sized loads that need to be transported easily.
- Cylinder Trucks – These allow gas cylinders to be carried easily and safely, they can also transform into cylinder storage racks.
- Pallet Trucks – These are great for manually moving pallets by hand when a forklift is not needed.
- Pallet Stackers – You can get these in either manual or electric to help assist with stacking heavier or awkward loads
- Wheelbarrows and Seed Spreaders – Little needs to be explained with the wheelbarrow and seed spreaders, just that they are versatile and can be used for a number of jobs.
Sack TrucksVery similar to their ‘normal’ cousin the truck, these guys are designed to aid heavy lifting and transportation of heavy and/or awkward and bulky objects or good which would ordinarily cause some sort of strain to attempt manually. Sack trucks cover the following:
- Folding Sack Trucks – These are easily collapsible ensuring that storage space is utilised and great for storing in vans.
- Stair Climbing Sack Trucks – These are brilliant if you need to transport awkward or heavy loads up stairs.
- White Goods Sack Trucks – Specifically designed for moving around white goods such as fridge-freezers, washing machines etc.
- Adjustable Sack Trucks – Best used for odd shaped loads, allowing you to adjust the truck to suit.
- And Standard Sack Trucks – Sturdy and well-built and coming in a range of sizes to suit your needs.
Author Bio - Laura Holland
Social Media and Web Content Coordinator, Jan 2014 - May 2015