Ingredients to make big boy pasta (serves 4-5)
- Conchiglioni 400g
- Medium Red Onion – Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – Crushed
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Low fat steak mince 350grs
- Tomato Puree
- Tin of Pomodorini Tomatoes
- Beef Stock – ½ cube
- Worcestershire Sauce – a dash
- Butter – large knob
- Plain Flour – 2 Table Spoons
- Milk – ¾ pint
- English Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Medium Mature English
- Cheddar Cheese – 100grs - grated
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese – 25grs - grated
- Nutmeg – ¼ teaspoon grated
Method to make big boy pasta
Cook pasta to the al dente stage.
To make the Ragu
Heat olive oil in pan and gently fry onions then add garlic and cook out.
Add mince and cook on medium heat until brown.
Add tomato puree and cook out.
Add tin of tomatoes, stock cube and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook.
To make the Cheese Sauce
Melt the butter and add flour and cook to form a roux (thick paste)
Cook out and add milk slowly whisking all the time to make sure all the lumps dissolve
Add cheddar cheese and mustard and continue to heat
Season with Nutmeg
Assemble in a large dish laying the Ragu, Cheese Sauce and toping with the Parmesan.
Cook in an oven pre heated to 180 degrees for twenty minutes.
Author Bio - Laura
Social Media and Web Content Coordinator, Jan 2014 - May 2015