These chocolate brownies are fudgey, super chocolatey, scrumptious, and disappear very quickly wherever they go.
Ingredients for brownies
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks (I use 85% cocoa for best results)
- 100g milk chocolate, broken into chunks
- 250g pack salted butter
- 400g soft light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- You can add anything else in that you would like at Easter I add in creme eggs (halfway through), in the summer I add raspberries.
Method for brownies (and additional notes)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 20 x 30cm baking tray tin with baking parchment. Put the chocolate, butter and sugar in a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat (for 5-10 minutes, otherwise when you add the eggs they will start to cook and make the mix lumpy).
- Stir the eggs, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture. Sieve over the flour and cocoa, and stir in. Adding Raspberries or Creme Egg? Stir in half the raspberries, scrape into the tray, then scatter over the remaining raspberries. For Creme Eggs, bake the brownies for 15 mins, cut Creme Eggs in half and gently push into the top, finish baking.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30 mins or, if you prefer a firmer texture, for 5 mins more. Cool before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Author Bio - Laura Holland
Social Media and Web Content Coordinator, Jan 2014 - May 2015